Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Tropical Fish




So I missed my hairdressing consultation. I decided to press snooze too many times and then take too long to do my make up and had to ring to change the appointment for tomorrow otherwise I wasn't going to make it. WOOPS. 

Cardinal Tetras
For a couple of weeks now, I've been wanting to get some new tropical fish to fill up my tank a bit more. I started off with some hardy little guys called Cardinal tetras and some Bloodfin tetras. 
Bloodfin Tetras


One of my Bloodfins only has one eye so I have named him Cyclops, I would name the rest of them but I can't really tell them apart. I got 5 of each type of fish but unfortunately one of the Cardinals was eaten by the rest of them while I was in bed. So yesterday I went on a whirlwind adventure to Petsathome to get some more fishieees. So I now have a Golden Gourami, a Opaline Gourami, x3 Rosy Barbs and a Bristlenose Plecostomus. I am going to start trying to think of some names for them. 
This is what they are meant to look like -

Golden Gourami
Opaline Gourami
Bristlenose Pleco.












Rosy Barb.
All of this new fish I have bought can grow to 6" apart from the Rosy Barbs which only grow to about 2.5". At the moment my Gourami's are about 3 inches long, my Plec is probably only 1.5" and my Rosy Barbs all look pretty much fully grown. Love my new additions, I think they are all beautiful, I should probably get some more plants as they will probably feel more comfortable then which makes their colours more vibrant. Here's some pictures of my new fishies. 
This is my Golden Gourami with one of the rosy barbs in the background and some bloodfins. I think I will call her Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe. 


Unfortunately, I'm shit at taking photos of fish as they never stay still so I'll have to try again today to get some more photos. I'd quite like some purple and more blue fish. The hunt will now begin! I'm always on a search for new things which will make me happier. Keeping tropical fish is very relaxing to watch and I don't really find it that much hard work, just changing about 10-15% of the water every week and my Pleco should help control the algae. Love my fishies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment